Despite what people may think, shapewear for women isn’t synonym with “women with extra pounds”. What this concept entails is that you may have a little tummy, maybe a bit of cellulite or some bulges here and there. Don’t we all? But what is to be done when you’re encountering a fit issue with your chosen outfit for the upcoming celebration of your birthday? You cover it with a shapewear item.
And don’t worry if you don’t have any in your wardrobe by now. Once you skim through these reasons on their essentiality, you’ll definitely go out and try some.
1. The camisole top is the perfect cover for an upper body that isn’t as toned as you wish. It is most used for tops that expose every detail of your underwear. It provides a nice, fit shape and a beautiful waist outline. It offers serious support, which is the reason why some women, especially those with large breasts, opt for this type of shapewear.
2. Now that your top is taken care of, how about some tummy covering? The control brief is an excellent solution to unaesthetic tummies. Usually, tummies are a discomfort in those times when you want to wear tight jeans or pants. Straight skirts look gorgeous on fit bodies. The control brief gives a fit appearance so that those straight skirts look beautiful on you.
3. High-waist briefs are the perfect solution for those times when you want to wear a bra and still look 5 stars in a body briefer. It has a prolonged waistline that ends underneath the breasts and it also has legs that cover the thighs, thus creating a beautiful waistline and nice shape to the outer and inner thighs. It’s of good use for crayon skirts or mid-length dresses.
Bali High Waist Brief
4. Who doesn’t like long legs? As nice as they look, they’re not that easy to shape. Unless you wear a long leg shapewear that covers the thighs, reaching the calves. It provides a fit shape to the tummy, bottom, waist, thighs and, if the case, calves. I also mentioned the tummy because long leg briefs have an extended waistline that covers the abdomen. This is a perfect item for tight jeans or pants.
5. The waist cincher, or the Waspie, is a popular shapewear for women ever since 1980. It is a type of belt that you wear around the waist. We all know corsets are not that comfortable, so the waist cincher comes as a rescue to an unaesthetic waist. It makes it substantially smaller, giving a fit body effect when you want to wear a tight top or chemise.
6. The 1 piece body briefer comprises breasts, tummy and bottom. It is a good solution for a fit body look, best fit for short tight dresses. But it doesn’t allow you to wear a bra, which is something you should consider when trying it on. Luckily, if you buy the right brand, you can have breast support included.
7. Biker shorts give you nicely shaped thighs in just a few seconds. Due to the length that reaches above the knees, it outlines a firm bottom and no panty line. It’s of best use when pants are too tight.
Most of these shapewear for women models are seamless and offer moderate control. There are models that incorporate moisture wicking to keep your body cool, especially in summertime.
As always the quality of the shapewear fabric is crucial. Professional producers use non abusive materials that offer comfort and softness. But there are counterfeiting manufacturers that make undergarments of low quality that harm the body on a long-term. Pay attention to what you’re about to buy and check out that label attentively. You could also check out containing fabrics. If there’s anything wrong, it’s better to look for another shop.