Creative thinkers with a sense of freedom that can and does make a difference. Today’s youth follows no rules. I know it, you know it, NOE undergarments knows it too. I’ve been a fan of NOE ever since the two sisters started their sophisticated-raw work with modern lingerie design. As it seems I wasn’t wrong about them, they really do have a unique vision on youth lingerie. From the bedroom to the city streets to the exotic beaches of Hawaii, the latest NOE collection stands for young & versatile.
NOE SS14 Peter Bralette and G-string
Needless to say the Peter range is an effortless piece of art, and the entire collection stands as evidence, but as a hairstylist, a professional who knows so well that hair is your foremost trademark, I’m thinking “Fabulous lookbook, but how can you make it your own?” Answer: Hairstyle.
NOE SS14 Ryan Bustier Bra and Panty
NOE SS14 Ryan Bodysuit
NOE SS14 Alfie Silk Slip
Whoever the brain is behind the SS14 NOE look, they made an inspired hairstyle choice. Long blonde hair, free movement, flexible, exotic and inherently suggestive of summer days spent at the beach. Love it. But how about some alternatives for those of you who would never go blonde, who haven’t had long hair in years or who simply wouldn’t trade short hair for anything? Good question, and I’ve been taking my time to mull it over, but the answer was already obvious: the Pixie hairstyle. Why?
1. Because Pixie takes a short time. Long hair takes longer. How’s that for free movement?
2. Because long hair says you may as well be a traditional woman, whereas Pixie always feeds a sense of wonder
3. Because Pixie is itself a proof of retro classic, which adds a nice contrast to an edgy NOE SS14 collection
4. Because everyone loves golden locks, but there’s something cool and mysterious about a cropped hairdo
5. Because, as devoted short hair convert Joan Juliet Buck used to say, “Women with short hair always look as if they have somewhere else to go. Women with long hair tend to look as if they belong where they are.” What a lovely and true reason.
But don’t take my word for it. Take action into your own hands and experiment. And then go to comment section below and tell me how it feels to dare for more. Photos too.
Miki is GP’s latest gem. Not only she’s got an accurate understanding of lingerie styles, guide and help, but she is also an experienced hairstylist with deep insight on how to match lingerie with hairstyling for the ultimate look. And she is telling us all about it every Friday right here on Guilty Pleasures. Stay current with the latest hair news and advice on HairPanic.com.